Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm forcing myself to write this blog right now. Well, I suppose 'force' is a bit of a strong word. I am encouraging myself to write this blog! Is that better?

I've decided to watch the first season of the Sopranos again. I'll likely continue through the entire series. Its an interesting choice for me for very deep reasons. When I was at the deepest time of my drug use, I happened to be watching this series. I downloaded the entire series and watched it last summer. The difference between last summer and now is that now I'm free of any chemicals. Last summer I still had a lot of pain in my leg from my injury so I was taking the painkillers pretty strongly. I was unaware that I was traveling down a slippery slope.

Now I've gone through the slippery shit and things are going pretty well. So for me to watch the Sopranos and be able to absorb everything without distraction is a nice victory dance of sorts. I know I still have a ways to go in the long run but this feels pretty damn good.

At first I was nervous, you know? I was concerned this would bring back some bad memories or create a primal urge for past demons. But nothing like that transpired at all. Everything is feeling pretty nice.

I sort of miss being able to crack open a cold Coca Cola, however. My current living situation prevents me from keeping such treats in the refrigerator as my roommates are unable to keep themselves from cracking the cans open and sucking down the sugary goodness.

Bastards.

I love how almost every blog post contains me bitching about my living situation. Great, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment